As a global market leader in the field of Architectural Lighting, ERCO offers a comprehensive range of high-quality products. Forward thinking product development and unparalleled light delivery for all applications make ERCO the number one choice for leading architects and lighting designers. Light interprets space and helps us to perceive and experience them. In this sense we understand light as the 'fourth dimension' of architecture. For our North American organization based in Edison, NJ, we are now seeking to expand our team and recruit the following:
Lighting Applications Specialist - Full-Time - Edison, New Jersey
Summary of Position:
ERCO is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team and be key in developing and supporting the lighting design needs with our customers, agency partners and the markets we serve. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing entrepreneurial and dynamic organization.
Our Value System:
• Customer Orientation - Our thinking and actions are oriented to finding the best solution for our clients.
• Renewal - We actively shape market changes and technologies so that in future we can continue offering innovative lighting solutionsto our clients, and attractive workplaces to our employees.
• (Lighting)Excellence - With our performance, we bring excellence to our products, consultancy, processes and projects.
• Trust - As a fair and transparent company, it is important to us that our employees act on their own responsibility and have creativescope.
• Diversity - Diversity of cultures, opinions and technologies is a major factor in our success and an enrichment of our daily work.
• Employee engagement - ERCO stands for the balance between the engagement of the company for its employees and the engagementof the employees for the company.
• Work with our customers, agency partners and sales team to perform computer generated lighting calculations renderings.
• Familiarity with IESNA guidelines and lighting design best practices.
• Familiar with sustainable design, including the LEED rating systems, WELL Building standard, etc.
• Provide lighting specifications support, develop lighting schedules and all related design documentation as required per project.
• Develop project layouts detailing fixture locations, mounting, track and fixture layout, & power supply locations.•Develop lighting story boards, leading to control/commissioning documentation.
• Conduct on site aiming/commissioning of project, or remote technical support of the same.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) in a design program related to architecture, interior design, engineering, architectural engineering, or
lighting design. Or previous equivalent experience.
• 1+ years of lighting experience is preferred.
• Proficiency with all or some: CAD (AutoCAD/BricsCAD), Lighting simulation software (AGI 3.2/Dialux or similar), 3D modeling/
rendering (Sketchup), and Adobe Creative Suite. Microsoft Teams, and a CRM software package. For the right candidate we are
willing to train.
• Communication: Clear listening/understanding and ability to give concise well-reasoned responses.
• Adaptability: Ability to deliver consistent results while remaining flexible between projects.
• Customer Service: Ability to understand a client’s wishes, apply the company resources for the fulfillment of the client’s project goals.
• Multitasking: Ability to shift attention from one project to another without losing focus on each project’s end goals.
• Time Management: Ability to efficiently structure one’s time and effort to achieve the prioritized objectives at hand.
• Organization: Ability to structure time and resources in a practical and purposeful manner.
• Collaboration: Ability to work in unison with a wide range of different personalities towards a common goal.
• Travel: Ability to travel both domestically, and internationally when needed.
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurances.
• 401K participation and company matching program.
• Free Short & Long term Disability & Life Insurance coverage
• PTO and national holidays.
Interested candidates should apply in writing, enclosing resume sending email to Thomas Healy via T.Healy@erco.com.