As a global market leader in the manufacturing of architectural lighting, ERCO offers a comprehensive range of high-quality products. Forward thinking product development and unparalleled light delivery for all applications make ERCO the number one choice for leading architects and lighting designers. For our Regional Sales Organization based in the USA, we are now seeking to expand our sales team and recruit the following:
Sales Manager, Culture Cluster; Full-Time; Remote; preferably based in New York, New Jersey, DC/Virginia, Georgia/Atlanta, Illinois/Chicago, California/LA or SF:
ERCO is looking for an enthusiastic Sales Manager to join our team and will be key in expanding and developing relationships with the museum community throughout the United States and Canada. This is an exciting opportunity for a museum-focused professional who is looking to advance their career with an entrepreneurial and dynamic organization. This person will be responsible for promoting ERCO products across the museum community, with a focus on the thematic museum and exhibition design market, through sales presentations, project design support, and industry events.
- Preferably live in or near a major metropolitan market, on east or west coast, working remote from central ERCO office. Territory will include design partners and projects located throughout the United States of America and Canada.
- Actively promote ERCO products to the thematic museum and exhibition design community including architects, lighting designers and specifiers, exhibit designers, and other applicable persons that are either directly or indirectly engaged within this market.
- Support Market Manager of Culture Cluster on large-scale demonstrations, events, and development of presentations.
- Cultivate new relationships and develop/enhance existing relationships to increase ERCO’s brand awareness in the market.
- Successfully secure lighting specifications through development of strong end user or specifier relationships.
- Represent ERCO at industry events including tradeshows, conferences, and professional committees or organizations which may include events over weekends.
- Evaluate and report sales activities within the assigned market.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers, suppliers and employees at all levels.
- Develop and support domestic and international specifications through superior project management practices and collaboration.
- Prepare forecasts, budgets, and other projections as required.
- Keep senior management informed of economic, competitive, and other factors affecting the market with recommendations for improvements/changes.
- Bachelor’s degree with background in one of the following: architectural lighting, museum studies, or exhibition design.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Exceptional multi-tasking capabilities.
- Strong working knowledge of windows-based software programs, Adobe Acrobat and Creative Suite applications, Bluebeam, and AutoCAD.
- 30-50% overnight travel expected.
Ideal Professional Experience would include one, or two, of following
- Knowledge of lighting, lighting design and/or controls through work as specifier
- Experience in the museum environment, either working for or with museums in the development of exhibits
- Sales ability including negotiation, presentation and communication skills, along with a successful track record with sales assignments; experience selling specification and/or technical type products
Essential Personal Qualities
- Communication: Clear listening/understanding and ability to give concise well-reasoned responses.
- Accountability: Give and receive professional feedback with teammates to improve performance.
- Adaptability: Deliver consistent results while remaining flexible between project requirements and position roles.
- Customer Service: Determine and understand a client’s wishes, apply the company resources for the fulfillment of the client’s project goals.
- Multitasking: Shift attention from one project to another without losing focus on each project’s end goals and balance different job requirements.
- Time Management: Efficiently structure one’s time and effort to achieve the prioritized objectives at hand.
- Organization: Structure time and resources in a practical and purposeful manner.
- Collaboration: Work in unison with a wide range of different personalities towards a common goal.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurances
- 401K participation and company matching program.
- Free short & long term disability & life insurance coverage.
- PTO and national holidays.
- Compensation commiserates with experience including a car allowance, company cell phone, and corporate credit card for travel expenses.
Interested candidates should apply in writing, enclosing resume sending email to Richard Fisher via firstname.lastname@example.org.