|Architect||Louis M. Cordonnier, 1913. Renovation: Bureau Van der Wijst interieurarchitecten V.O.F. in cooperation with OTH architects.|
|Project location||The Hague|
Built in 1913 in Neo-Renaissance style, the Peace Palace (Vredespaleis) in The Hague is home to the International Court of Justice as the principal judicial organ of the United Nations. Its new LED lighting in the large courtroom integrates subtly with the historic architecture, adding formidable lighting effects. The historic chandeliers were kept for the purpose of heritage conservation and as prominent eye-catchers. The brilliant light on the tables, images and other artwork, however, results from LED spotlights discreetly mounted on the ceiling. Parscoop ceiling washlights also illuminate the ceiling with dynamic effect.