The new hanging in the Old Masters Picture Gallery and Sculpture Collection up to 1800 sets Baroque opulence in scene. Almost 900 Parscan and Pollux spotlights from ERCO aid the sensuous, lively presentation of art. Goethe and Dostoevsky in their times were highly impressed by the splendor of the Dresden Old Masters Picture Gallery. Founded in 1560, it achieved renown throughout Europe in the 18th century due to the specific collecting activities of the Saxon electors. In 1855 it moved into the building designed by Gottfried Semper at the Dresden Zwinger, where today it still displays key works of the European Renaissance and Baroque. In February 2020, the Old Masters Picture Gallery reopened following a seven-year renovation period.