Bucerius Law School is a private law school located in a historic building in central Hamburg. Its “Moot Court” is now illuminated with ERCO Parscan.
Bucerius Law School is the first private and state-accredited law school in Germany. Built in 1907 under architect Albert Erbe, the building was used for almost a century by the Institute of General and Applied Botany of the University of Hamburg. In 1999 the listed building was purchased and renovated by the ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius. Commissioning MOW Architekten, the instructions given were to develop a concept that would meet the needs of a modern university but also preserve the existing Neo-Baroque structure. Whereas the building itself was left untouched, the facilities inside were transformed into modern lecture halls, seminar and training rooms, an “electronic classroom” with the latest technology and media equipment, library and work areas, and a cafeteria.