A recent lighting upgrade at the Grevenbroich parish church saw the pendant luminaires replaced by flexible ERCO spotlights on track. The results are convincing in terms of economy, technology and design.
The Roman Catholic parish church of St. Mariä Geburt in Grevenbroich, a small town near Düsseldorf, was built in 1930. The interior surprises with an unexpected, and similarly unusual, spatial form. The long rectangular, single-nave sanctuary is spanned by a low pointed barrel vault that instantly reminds one of an upside down hull. Deep lunette-type window reveals accentuate the vault, lending the space a rhythmic structure.